Sat, 08 Sept|
St Andrew's Church
Norfolk Churches Trust Bike Ride
Bike, walk, ride or drive around the beautiful Norfolk landscape, stopping off at as many churches and chapels as you can along the way. Be sponsored for your visits or simply make a donation to the Norfolk Churches Trust or to a nominated church or chapel.
Time & Location
08 Sept 2018, 09:30 – 17:30
St Andrew's Church, Wood Dalling, Norwich NR11 6SN, UK
About The Event
The Bike Ride has raised around £2,800,000 over the past 32 years. The money has been divided between the church of the participant’s choice and The Norfolk Churches Trust, which gives grants to hundreds of churches for repairs, renovation and the conservation of their buildings. More than 600 churches will be open throughout the day for everyone to explore.
For More information on this years bike ride, please visit the Norfolk Churches Trust website at: http://norfolkchurchestrust.org.uk/bike-ride/
Some interesting facts from the 2017 Bike ride are:
- The most churches visited by a participant is 64 by bike and 35 on foot.
- 207 new participants have been recorded as taking part for the first time.
- St Andrew's Church in Norwich saw the highest number of visitors - 75 in total
- 312 churches and chapels have been nominated to receive a share of the sponsorship money.
- There were 2683 total visits recorded - 22% more than in 2016